Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mountain Snow

This morning we headed up Mt Lemmon, Tucson's tallest mountain to visit the SNOW!!! It's about a 30 minute drive from our apartment to a winter wonderland.


We packed up our coats and Peter's boots before the drive. It was in the 60's as we left the house but we could feel the car windows get colder as we drove up the mountain.


I was super bummed when we got out of the car and I grabbed my camera. My batteries were dead! DOH!!! I was super sad until John reminded me that I had a camera on my phone. Thankfully, I was able to take a few photos with that.


Peter liked the "Nno!" He was yelling it over and over again as we saw little piles at the side of the road. We only had to go up the mountain halfway until we found a campground area where the snow was about two inches thick. A few more miles and 4 wheel drive would have been required.


Peter had fun until he fell down face first into the snow. We didn't have his snow pants or gloves so that was not fun. It was wet and melting too so his pants got soaked. After about 20 minutes we headed back to the car to strip down and get back inside under some blankets for a snack of Chex and bananas.

No comments: