Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Highlight Reel

Just some quick updates so you know what's going on in our lives currently.

Family highlight: Our microwave died. :-( VERY SAD! I loved our microwave. But we bought it when we first got here, so I guess it was about 5 years old. It burned out a capacitor or something, we smelled smoke and it turned itself off. What was most annoying is that it was on leftover night!! DOH! I went out and bought a cheap microwave the next morning. I don't love it nearly as much, but it gets food warm I guess.

Peter highlight: Peter is getting more teeth on the bottom! Finally! He got the first two bottom teeth at 6 months. He's almost 15 months now and the next two are ready to pop any day. The last two days he has been exceptionally cranky because of it. They may be out by morning!

Jen highlight: I have a new summer wardrobe that fits courtesy of Old Navy. They had a sale this weekend where tank tops were $2. Since that's about all you wear in Tucson half the year I stocked up. And add in that I got $1 flip-flops on Memorial Day weekend Old Navy is practically my official summer sponsor. (Now I just need a few more pairs of shorts.)

John highlight: We celebrated Father's Day by taking John out to dinner at BJ's Brewhouse. They were giving out free pilsner glasses to take home so now he has Father's Day glasses from 2008 and 2009. He also got a few home-brewing supplies and a balloon (which Peter promptly tackled and destroyed.)

No comments: