Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mixin' and Meltin'

Today we met up with a group of friends at the park for a Fruit Salad Mixer. Everyone brought a different fruit to mix together and share as a symbol of our friendship and working together. We brought mandarin oranges, one of Peter's favorites. Our friends brought bananas, apples, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pineapples, grapes and melon. Yum yum!


The splash pad was running but I didn't want to mess with that this morning so I parked in a different parking lot and we stayed in the ramada by the toddler playground.


Peter seemed pretty content just climbing around the playground and chasing a few balls I brought.


He liked to climb up high and play peek-a-boo behind the playground walls. He was taller than me!


He did see the splash pad towards the end and tried to go over to splash in the mud outside the park. But there was no way I was gonna let that happen. Two summer programs had shown up and there were a lot of older kids running around shoving each other. Yikes! We'll stay with our little friends.


It was getting so HOT already by 10am. Probably pushing 100 degrees already. I drove past the bank thermometer yesterday at noon and it said 110 degrees. Its starting to reach the oppressively hot stage. Soon we won't be able to go to the park anymore because of the heat. We'll have to start looking for more indoor activities.


Peter decided to wear one red shoe and one orange shoe today. I didn't fight him. I figure as long as there are shoes on his feet we are A-ok!


By 11am it was so warm we decided to pack up and head out. Even Peter was starting to wilt. It's hard to leave because you know your car has turned into an oven while you've been playing. To make it worse my a/c in my car is acting up. It blows hot air at every red light and has started to make my engine over heat. NO FUN! I'll have to get it looked at sometime soon. The joys of car ownership! Thankfully the a/c at home is working. I think I'll stay here the rest of the day drinking in the cold air! Ice water tastes SO GOOD after a hot morning!

No comments: