Sunday, May 3, 2009

"I Tried To Be Good, But I Got Bored"

I found Peter a new shirt this week. It says "I tried to be good, but I got bored." I just let out a big laugh when I read it because it reminds me of Peter so much! He really does TRY to sit patiently for a tiny bit...but quickly he decides its not for him and he gets up and runs off.


He is truly a mover and shaker these days. He's like a little bumble bee zooming from place to place and never lingering too long. He hates sitting in my lap for story time, sitting in the cart at the grocery store, or even sitting too long in his high chair. Usually I can keep him still for a few minutes if I have some snacks but he just has an overwhelming urge to toddle everywhere! I actually think its pretty fun and cute most of the time...I just worry that the people around us may find it annoying so I try to reign him in.

He's also started "running" in place when he's really excited and lifting his knees really high. It's amazing to me that he can now express excitement!


The past 2 Fridays we've been lucky enough to go to My Gym with our mommy group. And John has been off both days to go explore and tumble with us. We've had a lot of fun. I have had fun taking pictures of all the kids playing. The last time I was a little bummed because my lens had a smudge on it and I didn't find out until I got home! Most of my pictures were ruined by this little smudge! :(


This is the gym we went to every week when Peter was 2-6 months old. It was fun to go back now that he's older and can explore even more of their obstacles. Here he is walking the balance beam with daddy.


He rolled balls around with his friend Jack. Jack just turned one also and he goes with us to library storytime. Peter likes to pet Jack's hair and Jack will give him a hug back. They are cute together.


Peter practiced going up and down these stairs. He is trying to do stairs now like a big boy standing up instead of crawling up them. He gets it sometimes as long as he has something to hold onto.


He also learned the joys of the trampoline for the first time. He bounced with mom and dad holding him, then I set him down on his own and we did little bounces together. He thought it was so much fun he kept climbing back on the trampoline on his own. He'd get on his knees and start bouncing.

No comments: