Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tucson Folk Festival

Today mom and dad took me to the Tucson Folk Festival. It was spread out downtown over a couple of blocks with several stages and different food vendors scattered around. There were lots of musicians playing guitars, bangos, double basses, ukeleles, and even mandolins! We started out at the Museum of Art stage.


I liked to dance to the music in my stroller but I really wanted to climb out and just play on the stairs! I had new Nike shoes from Oma Cindy that I had to break in.


I made a new friend and he and I spent a LONG time climbing the stairs together. I even tried to help him with his technique and pushed his butt up a few times so he'd figure it out.


I tried to walk down the stairs instead of crawl but I ended up falling and bruising myself a little. Dad and Mom made sure to always help me go down the stairs after that. I CAN go down them myself as long as I have a railing or something to hold onto!


After the museum we went over to the courthouse square to listen to a 12 year old jazz sax player. We ate some rice, veggies and chicken for dinner. It was YUMMY! We sat at the back because there was more grass and room to run around. Mommy brought bubbles to play with for a little while. I had fun watching the birds, too. Then I found a ROCK!!!


Rocks are cool! The one I found was big and hard and when I threw it on the grass it kinda bounced...but then when I threw it on the hard ground it made a loud clunky noise. I had fun throwing it on the sidewalks and brick.


I even tried to eat it, but mommy said it was "yucky". Besides, it wouldn't have fit in my mouth anyway.


Mom and Dad seemed to have a lot of fun. They saw some people they knew and enjoyed the music and being outside. They said it reminded them of when we went last year. I was only a few weeks old then so I don't really remember it.

Here's Dad and I in 2009. I'm growing out of daddy's arms!


And here's us in 2008 in almost the same spot. We matched! Boy I look little!


Here's Mom and I in 2009. I was starting to get a little tired at the end of the day.

And here's us in 2008! Wow, time sure flies when you are having fun!


After all that playing I was glad to finally go home to take a bath and go to bed. I'm a little sad that I had to leave my rock behind...I think he would have liked to come home with me.

1 comment:

Oma Cindy said...

What a great comparison. Brings tears to my eyes. THanks for posting.