Monday, May 11, 2009

Family Time at the Park

We found ourselves at the park this week to play with some of Peter's friends. It was an early morning playdate to avoid the heat. It's been reaching the 100's nearly every day this past week. Thankfully our a/c has been keeping up.


Peter's diaper rash isn't budging...it keeps getting better then comes back with a vengance. We took him to the doctor today who said that not only does he have a milk protein intolerance but he has a soy protein intolerance as well! I'm sure glad I breastfed him for so long! Now I'm just struggling with what to feed the poor boy. I have to go back to our regular doctor and talk more about it. I hope I can get in before our trip to Iowa.


Friday Peter and I are headed to Iowa for my sister Angel's college graduation! It should be a lot of fun! We get to see Oma Cindy and stay with Great-grandma Langmann. We get to celebrate with the Davis's family as my cousin Allison graduates from my old high school. It's going to be a big week of celebrations and family time. I can't wait!


Peter has a new hobby of picking up HUGE heavy balls and trowing them. He'll grab a full-size basketball and carry it all over the house. Those things are nearly half his body size! He only runs into a problem when he wants to try to hold something else WHILE he's holding the ball...it doesn't work.


Peter is still addicted to Chewy. He sleeps with it every night and chews on his ears during the day. He also seems to be a bit of a peacemaker as I'm going through the grocery store. I get a good extra 5 minutes if I have Chewy in my bag to pull out if he starts to get fussy in the grocery cart seat. I can hardly ever get Chewy away from him, I just have to wait until he drops him and then do a sneak grab and try to leave him in the crib until nighttime.


Peter had a blast on the swings with John at the park. He let out a few good shreiks of laughter.


John has been so good trying to take care of Peter and his diaper rash. John has held him several times until he fell asleep just so he could feel more comfortable and taken care of. He's a good daddy. And he's the ONLY one who really knows where his tickle spots are.

No comments: