Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Hop

Halloween parties have begun! We went to Pump It Up with the Meetup Moms for bouncing and a pizza party. It was costumes optional which was fun. About half the kids were dressed up. We had pumpkins, turtles, dinosaurs, army men, bumble bees, pirates, and the complete cast of Wizard of Oz.


Peter didn't wear his costume for this event but the day before we had just gotten a package from his great aunt Kim that had some Halloween books and a pumpkin shirt so he wore that to celebrate in. Thanks Aunt Kim!


Peter loved bouncing with his friends. Cam tried to keep up but his costume was slowing him down.


Alicia was having fun giggling with Peter. She is about a year older and has kinda adopted Peter as her brother. She has started holding his hand and pulling him around places.


The big news of the day is that Peter now LOVES the slide. The secret is to go down on his belly. Once he figured this out he spent the rest of our playtime climbing the steps then flying down the slide on his belly. I got dizzy watching him go back and forth so many times!


Here he is at the bottom of the slide. He was so proud of himself! Slides are so much fun!!! It even carried over into the next day. We went to the park the next morning and for the first time ever he went down the curly-cue slide...all on his own! On his belly of course.


At the end of the party we went into the party room for some pizza. Peter raced in there before I could stop him. I get so tense in those situations. With his dairy allergy he can't have things like pizza. Usually the cheese and the crust are both a danger. But he just got up on the bench and sat waiting for me. I gave him a juice pouch and some trail mix I had brought and he was perfectly fine. (Sidenote: I think I need to turn in my mom badge, I can't open those dang juice boxes!!)


It was a fun afternoon. I can't wait for the other Halloween events coming up this week!

No comments: