Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sick days

Peter and mom have had a lousy couple of days. We got sick again just after Thanksgiving. Stuffy nose, fever, trouble breathing. I don't like it myself, but I feel even worse watching Peter go through it. There's not much I can give him other than some Motrin to bring his fever down.

He tries to cry but can't work up a good scream, tries to eat but can't breathe through his nose so keeps drowning in milk, his nose and ears are all red, eyelids are droopy... It's been two days now and there are hours of just gentle crying, gasping, and gurgling. It breaks my heart. And of course every little noise I go running to him. I'm not getting much sleep.

If there's still a fever tomorrow I'll call the doctor when they open.

On the plus side, we did kinda brighten up a little today when Oma Cindy called and I put her on speaker phone. He also got around to the TV eventually and said hello to the people in there. I was grateful to see my happy baby!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby Peter! He looks so tough. I'm sure praying he kicks this cold quickly. I can't stand the idea of his being so sick. It's hard to feel so helpless. Thanks for keeping me updated. I miss you guys!