Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MMOT Annual Picnic

This past weekend was the Meetup Moms of Tucson Annual Picnic. Always a fun time! We were excited to see all of our friends again. It had been a while since we were gone for so long visiting Guam. Unfortunately this year the weather wasn't on our side. The morning started out grey, overcast, and cold. Boo!



I made some BBQ Chicken in my crockpot the night before. I figured hot BBQ sandwiches would go over well on a cold day. I was right, one of my friends commented that they were super yummy and she wondered who made them. I just winked at her and smiled. :)


John was working but Peter and I got all cuddled up in coats and hats. Didn't seem to matter to Peter though. It may have been in the 50's but there were bouncy houses and he didn't want to keep his hat or his socks and shoes on for that! I put his socks back on his feet probably 4 times.


I brought a towel for us to sit on but Peter liked one of his friends chairs. I couldn't get him out of it! Atleast not until the train started running.


They also had a "fishing pond" complete with a bubble machine. Peter went fishing.


He caught a new duck for bathtime! Yay!


Peter had so much fun bouncing and playing with his friends again. We were there about an hour and a half trying to stay warm and then it started raining. That was enough for me! I packed up the car, grabbed Peter and we headed home for naptime.


Sadly, I think taking off his socks repeatedly did him in. He got sick with a runny nose and cough and wound up with a 101 degree temperature the next two days. We've spent the week so far at home just trying to relax, stay warm, and get better. He's now on the mend. I'm hoping he will be better for some other events coming up this weekend!

No comments: