Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guam: Family Dinner

We went out to dinner down at the Santa Fe Hotel. They have a nice open air patio restaurant right on the beach so Peter was able to play in the sand while we kicked back and enjoyed our meal. John's mom and Uncle Dwight came for a nice family dinner.


We went to catch the sunset. John was trying to see the "Green flash". A phenomenon that if you catch it just right, when the sun sets the sky flashes green. We didn't see it this night, but it was a beautiful sunset anyway.


Peter liked to explore the beach with Dad and Grandma.


Grandma even tried burying Peter's toes in the sand. He ended up yelling "KICK!" and sending sand everywhere!


We had a yummy dinner with some sashimi appetizers and mexican dinners. Grandma splurged and got lots of greasy junk food!


Peter was happy with a big pile of rice and fresh fruits and veggies.


Afterward John cuddled Peter and gave him hugs while the band played sappy love songs. It was a fun night out.


Oh, and I realized the downside of going out to see the sunset. I arrived with my sunglasses on. After the sun went down I put them on the table and FORGOT THEM!!! Of course since it was dark I didn't look for them as I was leaving. The next morning I was going crazy looking for them and was heartbroken I couldn't find them. We drove past the restaurant and THANK GOODNESS they were there! Phew! I have been much more careful with them since then!

No comments: