Saturday, April 17, 2010

Splash Pad Opening (video)

The closest park to our apartment is about a 10-15 minute drive, but its one of the more popular parks in Tucson. It's big, has fun playgrounds, a water fountain, lots of picnic ramadas, and brand new facilities.


It also has Tucson's one and only splash pad, basically a big giant land of fountains, showers, water guns, and dumping water buckets. When it's 110 in the shade this free water park gets hopping with tons of kids from all over the city. Today it was in the 90's and there was a big celebration to mark its opening day!


Last year Peter was a little scared of all the flying water everywhere. We only went in maybe twice and it resulted in some crying spells so we stayed out the rest of the summer. This year though I was hoping it would be different. He has been loving to take showers with us, so he's had practice. (The other day I went to get my hair wet in the shower then as I was reaching for my shampoo my hand bumped into him! He had taken off all his clothes and gotten in when I wasn't looking.)


At the splash pad today, after about 30 seconds of watching and checking things out he inched forward towards the sprinklers and then giggled and ran right through! He then ran back and forth having the time of his life! He was soaked by the end! I was a little jealous! Mommy was sitting on the sidelines without a swimsuit and sweating in the scorching sun, I got reminded of just how hot it gets here!


I did manage to capture a few videos of Peter though and one is posted up on the blog. He had a great time! Summer is almost here in Arizona!

No comments: