Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lots of quick updates

We've had alot going on so here's a brief overview:

Peter is AMAZINGLY curious and doesn't like to sit still. He'll crawl all over the house now and likes to explore all the nooks and crannies. He popped the molding off of the corner of the kitchen cabinet because he kept pulling at it! He stands up and cruises around the furniture like an expert. Sometimes though he'll try to get over and around things and ends up getting stuck and can't get out of his weird yoga moves and he gets scared and starts to cry for help.


Our dog Gizmo is amazingly tolerant. Peter is fascinated by his dog tag. He likes to grab it and pull on it, almost choking the dog. Peter also thinks that Gizmo's ears might taste good and he's started trying to get them in his mouth. Gizmo puts up with it somehow, I think he likes the attention.


Peter may not like peas (see previous video) but he does like carrots, sweet potatoes, applesauce, cheerios, egg yolks, and his puffs cereal. We even got him to eat peas as long as its mixed in with one called "vegetable medley".


Peter and I started going to the Movers & Shakers baby class offered by the Parks & Rec dept. I found it funny that when we got there all the other babies were content to just sit in their mom's laps. But Peter wanted down to crawl and explore. He crawled around to some of the other babies to say hello, crawled to the brick wall to hit it a few times cause it felt different... He just did not have the patience to sit with mom and sing songs. There were too many other things to check out!

The class is held at one of the community center gyms and they get out all kinds of gymnastic equipment to play with. Peter got to walk his first balance beam! They also had a push-cart type thing for him to walk with and he loved having so much room to push it around! I tried to stay a little in front of it though, on the gym mats it moved so fast he would have fallen on his face.


Peter still likes to walk around with his tongue out. Not sure where that came from, but its funny. I think part of it is just folding his top lip under helps his top gums...he's still working on those two front teeth.


The Buick is still sitting in the parking lot. Something is funky with it starting and we've just exhausted what we can do here at home. We are waiting until pay day to get it back down to the shop to have experts look at it.

Updates on my resolution to live healthier, physically and financially:

After Xmas, turkey dropped to $0.46/lb so we bought a turkey and I tried to cook my first turkey ever. It worked!! I didn't do anything fancy to it, but I was happy nonetheless. Lots of healthy meat for cheap!

I've started eating broccoli and cauliflower. Just needed to be eased into it. Started with a little with some spray butter and now I can eat lots. Though I only do them cooked, not raw.

I got a book from the library about maximizing your grocery budget, couponing, and such. I hope to learn a few more tricks. Last time I went grocery shopping we ran the numbers and I save about 40% off the given cost through price matching and coupons. I love saving $$! It's such a rush!

I've worked out a few times, though not as much as I would like because of the car situation. Hopefully that will be remedied soon!

Tomorrow I'm going to the library book sale. I'm budgeted $5 for a whole bag of books and movies. That should get me through for a while! :-D

I made dentist appointments for us adults. John has dental insurance and neither one of us has seen a dentist in years. I will be glad to get that done, even if its a little daunting!

I got Peter's 9 month check up scheduled. I can't believe my baby is 9 months old already. He's not really an infant anymore...soon he'll be a toddler! He's a little too wobbly still to be called that yet though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all the updates. The time since Peter's birth has gone so fast. He is growing up happy and healthy. You've given us so much joy by posting the blogs. Love you all!