Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tohono Chul Xmas lights

Tonight we dressed up for a chilly night on the town. We put Peter in his little Santa outfit we bought for the holidays. We went to see the Tohono Chul park Xmas lights.

This park was supposed to have half a million lights, there was a bell choir, a women's singing group singing xmas music, apple cider and cookies. It was set up to be a fabulous evening. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

It was just too crazy with people to actually enjoy it. It's a mild night, probably low sixty's or high 50's for the temp. Everything was set up close together and there was just no way for foot traffic to flow. Basically the whole event was standing in one big line that would get halted for people in wheelchairs, a performance group, or a cookie stand. Just too much congestion!!! And don't even get me started on the old ladies muscling their way through like linebackers...!! I felt like I was playing defense trying to protect Peter in the stroller.

Definately made me see why some people hate the holidays. :( It was sad, I would have enjoyed it if there were half as many people there. As it is we got to see Frosty, which was a first for me. And Peter got many compliments and smiles from people passing by and pointing at the "Santa baby!" So that was fun.

I couldn't even fathom trying to get any pictures there but I had to take some at home of him all dressed up for Xmas. Hopefully we'll be able to wear it to a few more events that aren't so insane. :-D





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love our Santa Baby. He is just the cutest thing ever. Our family is just not one for crowds. Glad you got to see Frosty, but it's too bad it was so crowded. Daddy's looking good too.