Saturday, May 22, 2010

Another Friday Night at the Pool

Another Friday night, another Friday night BBQ at the racquetball club. It's my favorite night out! I was a little nervous about this trip though. John is now working on Friday nights so I braved it alone. In the past it has been nice to take turns chasing Peter since it is a big place with lots of possible "dangers" with the pools. Gotta be vigilant the entire time!


It went pretty well though. I didn't stay nearly as long as normal. We went in and headed straight to the kiddie pool. Peter had a blast walking around with his inner tube and pushing a kick board around. Now that he is feeling better he wants to go swimming every day.


I just sat in the shade at the side of the kiddie pool and watched him go! Even turned the camera on myself for a quick picture!


Peter found some tennis balls near the pool and threw them into the water. We played a game of making baskets by throwing them into his inner tube. Then I taught him how to hold the tennis balls under water and let them go. They popped right back up out of the water. He thought this was super neat!


All in all it went pretty well. I'm glad I decided to try it. It is nearing 100 degrees here and a fun dip in the pool is always nice at the end of the day. I wrapped Peter up in his towel and we went to lay down in the grass to dry off. It was a fun night.

No comments: