Wednesday, February 27, 2008

FW: Week 34 - Home Sweet Home

It's been a long time since I wrote! Time flies!

Today marks week 34, only 6 to go! Eek!

Last Friday was my last day at work. Think that was probably a good decision. I was getting so worn out by the end of the day and I was struggling to be able to do the majority of my duties. The numbing of my hands at night have continued into the days now and I feel like I'm wearing mittens all day. Numb fingertips don't help much when you are trying to type or file...takes longer and I end up making mistakes.

My work did throw me a surprise baby shower before I left. I thought that was really sweet. I got a bunch of stuff including a little bathtub, diapers, clothes, and a few toys. It was fun. Hopefully someday I'll be able to apply back there again.

We did make it to the Renaissance Festival a few weeks ago. It was nice to have a day out and about in a different reality. It was gorgeous weather too! Eighty degrees and sunny with a light breeze. Mid afternoon we actually laid down in the grass and took a quick nap near the harp player. I had to get some rest before the drive home. :) I did end up getting a henna (dye) tattoo on my belly. Every once in a while the baby would kick the girl drawing on me and she'd smile.

Two weeks ago John was down with a pretty bad flu. He had a fever of 102 and just was a sick puppy. Thankfully he got over it pretty quick and I didn't really get sick. Unfortunately, it finally caught up to me on the last day of work...by noon I had a scratchy throat and by the next morning I was down and out. Been a tough couple of days trying to get through it without meds. It's getting better so hopefully by the weekend it'll be gone.

The last ultrasound we had the baby was doing well and measuring about a week or two ahead of his 'real' date. The doctor says that this is normal though and he is nowhere near being classified as a 'large' baby at this point. John was about 9 lbs though so I wouldn't be surprised if its a big baby. So far he is estimated to weigh about 6 pounds right now. Wow! Such a big boy!

They are watching my blood pressure pretty close right now cause it has gone up and they are worried about me developing preeclampsia. It hasn't happend yet, but they are keeping an eye out. Only a few more weeks to go so I'm thinking we can probably avoid it. I just need to lay down and relax and not stress too much about stuff.

Other than that we are just preparing the home, trying to eat right and stay healthy, and learning what we can about the childbirth experience.

I'm enclosing a few pictures, I look so tired in them because they are generally taken after 12 hour days and I just get so wiped out!!! BUT my belly has definately gotten bigger so I know that some people want to see the big belly. Only 6 weeks to go people! Belly button hasn't popped yet but it is getting closer.

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:28:52 -0700

No comments: